JOB: Summer internship with Comcast (DC)

From: Jan Neumann <>
Date: Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Subject: 2-3 summer intern positions - Comcast Research Washington, DC

Are you interested in Large-scale Machine Learning? Information
Retrieval? Working with truly Big Usage Data? Do you currently do
research in at least one or more of the following areas – Big Data
Processing, Recommendation Systems, Social Media, Computer Vision,
Information Retrieval or NLP? Do you want to conduct industry-leading
research in audio/video information retrieval and content discovery
technologies, and help millions of households discover video and music
content on their TV, PC, Phone, and Mobile devices?

Comcast's Washington DC research lab is looking to fill 2-3 graduate
student intern positions for this summer (minimum of 12 weeks, May
through September) . Projects can focus on using Social Networks for
Recommendations and Click-through Prediction, NLP for Voice-based
Interfaces, and/or Video Search/Segmentation of premium video.

We are an innovative research group within Comcast's Metadata
Processing and Search Services unit that does groundbreaking research
to develop the video and TV search & discovery technologies that
support Comcast’s approximately 40 Million subscriber units. Comcast
is the largest provider of TV and Broadband Services in North America,
the largest provider of TV search and discovery applications in North
America, & the 6th largest provider of search on the web.

The ideal applicant will be currently enrolled in a university PhD
program and has 2+ years of research experience in one of the relevant
areas. Applicants should also have good programming and software
development skills, and be comfortable working in an
interdisciplinary, team-oriented, applied research environment.

Internships will be on-site in our Washington, DC office. We feature
an informal, open atmosphere, and a location in downtown Washington
convenient to several public transit lines and many of the city's
museums, monuments, and other attractions.  The salary is competitive
and commensurate with experience.

To apply, please send a CV or resume, along with a brief statement
explaining why you are interested in the position, to
.  While there is no fixed deadline for
applying, we anticipate filling these positions by the end of April.

Posted

in

by

Tags: